Friday, June 7, 2013

May 30: Travel to the Tortugas-Let the adventure begin!



May 30: Meeting the boat-Packed all of my gear in the morning. I ran to the dive shop to get a new mouthpiece for the regulator I was using. Ultimate Getaway.


We met up in the afternoon & drove down to Ft. Myers to meet the boat, the
We got to the dock & put away all of the gear in the boat. I set up all of my dive gear at a station & then got my personal gear into a bunk (rack). We went to eat dinner then came back to the boat. The crew gave us the run down on safety & the food situation. This boat is stocked with all kinds of snacks. There’s a big 5-gallon container of water & lemonade. Then there’s a soda fountain. Trouble...
We left the dock at around 8:30 pm. The weather was a little rough. The wind was still blowing about 20 mph from the east. Once we got offshore, we were taking 4-5 foot waves on the port side. 
 
At about 10 pm, I was done & went to bed. I have a particular way that I sleep in a bunk. I can only sleep in a bunk laying on my stomach with all of my limbs spread out. Lots of people say that they can’t sleep on a boat, but I learned that I can get really stable & fall asleep right away if I just splay out. I sleep all night through when I’m lying like that.These are a couple of pictures of my bunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment